Posted May 24th, 2013, in: Evil Robots

The Evil Robots are Calling! A new form of spam.
Robots are scanning Craigslist for phone numbers and leaving voicemails that are based merely on the generic category of the craigslist ad.  In this case, it’s the automotive sales section, although I’m not selling a car.  But notice the voicemail is as if I am.  No one read my ad.  As with blog comment spam, if there’s n mention of anything specific to your actual ad, it’s probably a robot.

Here’s the message: voicemail.mp3

Actual Message Transcript:

Hi, My name is Michael and I work for Once Driven. The number here is (855) 844-2646. Uhh, we’ve got some clients who are shopping for vehicles, and I’m going through a list of vehicles like yours. I’d like to find out more about it and, um,  tell you little bit more about what we can do to help you get it sold. Uh, there’s a small fee for the service. It’s well worth it. I’ll tell you about it when you call. We do guarantee the results. So give me a call before 5 today. Uh, the number is (855) 844-2646. Have a great day.

In my opinion, we should penalize companies for using this technique for marketing purposes for two reasons

1. It’s against the craigslist’s code of conduct

2. It’s simply annoying.

So to oncedriven.com, you guys suck for spamming me when you have nothing to offer me and my ad says it’s NOT OK to contact me with other services.  I hope this post effects your SEO and public images in the way you have earned!

Google Voice’s Transcipt (for fun):

Hi, My name is Michael and I work for one street in the number here is (855) 844-2646 we’ve got some clients were shopping for a vehicles. And I’m going through a list of vehicles like yours. I’d like to find out more about it and tell you little bit more about what we can do to help you get it sold. There’s a small piece of the service It’s well worth it. I’ll tell you about it when you call and wedo guarantee the results. So give me a call before 5 today. The number is (855) 844-2646. Have a great day.

UPDATE: I wrote OnceDriven via their website to tell them that I was getting around 100 hits per day to this post  (now it’s more like 200).  This is what they wrote back, followed by my response.

On Jul 9, 2013, at 2:46 PM, Once Driven Management wrote:

Andrew,

Thank you for bringing your thread to our attention. If we may, we’d like to take this opportunity to clarify several of the concerns raised in your thread.

With respect to the calls themselves, OnceDriven receives hundreds of requests from buyers every week. Our representatives attempt to locate vehicles similar to those buyers ask us to find. We were concerned that some people saw this as a form of harassment. As opposed to random marketers trolling online classifieds, we zero in on a unique opportunity to bring buyers and sellers together. While there is some margin for human error, it was disconcerting to see that some people were contacted who were not actually in the vehicle selling market – these must have been administrative errors and we are working diligently with our representatives to bring that number down to zero.

We want to point out that OnceDriven accepts consumers’ requests not to be contacted again. As some of the people in your thread expressed difficulty in contacting us, we’d like to clarify the process. Contrary to one poster’s comments, you do not need a representative’s extension. While you can always contact our toll free number, we have decided to take this one step further as some people have experienced delays being placed on hold. We’re providing a link at the end of this response for people who do not wish to be contacted to enter their number and/or email and notify us of any concerns they may have. If you would be so kind as to bring this to people’s attention by placing it prominently on your thread, we would be very grateful.

Here is the link:

We noticed some comments from people regarding the excessive volume of calls. We are aware of numerous legitimate and illegitimate third parties reaching out to online posters as they contact our very own customers. It is likely some of those calls are being mistakenly attributed to us.

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to respond to your thread.

Stephen Cooper
Management Team
OnceDriven.com

So this is what I wrote back:

Stephen,

Why would your company have contacted me about my “vehicle” when I wasn’t selling one? I was selling a pair of motorcycle saddlebags. And every time I reposted the ad, I would receive at least one call from OnceDriven. It always referred to my “vehicle.”

Shouldn’t it be pretty clear to me that you guys are merely indiscriminately screen-scraping phone numbers from the auto sales part of craigslist and robo-dialing them?

Is that NOT what you’re doing?

-Andrew

I’ll update this post if they respond to my questions.

99 Responses to “Craigslist Ad Voicemail Spam Robots-OnceDriven.com”

Jared wrote on May 31st, 2013 5:16 pm :

HI, I received the same Voice mail. I just deleted it and moved on. but I received a follow up today and wanted to post it here for the searchers of Google to find. With this information, I hope people will stop supporting SPAMMERS!

Hi. This is Michael from once driven I left you a message about a week ago and I noticed your vehicle is still for sale, we can still help you out. Gimme a ring when you can. The number here is (855) 844-2646. That is toll free. Have a great day.

cameron wrote on June 1st, 2013 12:41 am :

how the F**k do I get this to stop? I’ve sold my car and deleted the ad and I’m still getting the calls. I called the number to tell them to stop and I get some directory that eventually disconnects me because i don’t have an extension for “michael”

andrewapeterson wrote on June 18th, 2013 7:27 pm :

I have no idea how to make it stop. I’ve gotten another half dozen robot calls from them since I posted this also. These guys suck.

annoyed wrote on June 24th, 2013 2:36 pm :

same deal – just received a call from a bot. i don’t even have a car for sale on cl. i called and requested my number be removed from their database. they were polite and said they did so. let’s see if the calls actually stop…

Tim wrote on June 25th, 2013 7:49 pm :

I’ve been getting these calls and voicemail messages every three days as well. Exactly the same,. I’ve asked him to stop calling and even hung up on him.
I can’t get rid of this guy.
im…Lima ohio

Sam wrote on June 26th, 2013 7:37 pm :

I got one from Eric! I advertised for driveway parking for the US open. It’s more annoying, because if I answer the phone (not go to voicemail) no one picks up who I can tell to leave me alone. It just hangs up on me.

OnceDriven will never get my business if I ever do sell a car. #obnoxious.

Trisha wrote on June 27th, 2013 3:19 pm :

I just received this same voice mail, although they did not leave a number but wanted to help me sell a car. I don’t even have a car for sale. Another interesting thing is that the number came up as “unknown”. What a bunch of scammers! I hate these type of calls, going to block the number you have posted above.

Thanks for this great information!!

Tyler Geffeney wrote on June 27th, 2013 10:52 pm :

Be sure to notify the FCC if you are on the Do Not Call list. According to the FCC you can file a complaint if:

“You receive a pre-recorded commercial message from someone with whom you do not have an established business relationship and to whom you have not given permission to call you.”

To do so go to: http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

Randod wrote on June 29th, 2013 7:17 pm :

Hey all,
If you want to stop those bot callers. Download Mr. Number. Get it on the market app. It’s worked wonders for me. Set an unknown call to hang up after one ring. YAY!!!

JamesB wrote on July 1st, 2013 8:32 pm :

I listed a car for sale on Autorader.com
I also thought putting my number out there might be a future problem, so I used my Google Voice number and not my cell.
I did start an online chat with OnceDriven.com and asked to be removed.
We’ll see if it works.
I have gotten 2 calls within a weeks time.
I took the call and it is a recorded bot like the others have described.

Eric G wrote on July 2nd, 2013 5:41 pm :

Thanks Tyler, I just filed my complaint with the FCC. I don’t begrudge a company trying avenues if a seller okays it in advance. But Spam marketing from “Eric” at Once Driven is unwarranted since I asked specifically NOT to be contacted by other commercial interests. The only to keep this under control is to report it immediately. I did do the courtesy of calling back and told them I filed a a report. That should remove it. Now if they don’t get that ” autobot” voice mail under control and I get a second one, Then a second compalint filed will nab them a nice fine.

Pat wrote on July 2nd, 2013 6:43 pm :

I have received the same message from Erik two times now since placing an ad on craigslist, I have two phone numbers he has called me on both but hung when I answered but left two voicemails. So glad I looked up this website called once driven and found out about this annoying place.

andrewapeterson wrote on July 3rd, 2013 12:37 am :

I just sent them a message as follows:
“Hello.
I recently posted to my personal blog about being annoyed by your company’s automatic calls to Craigslist users.

I’m now getting over a hundred hits a day to my personal blog because of people trying to find info about your company.

I personally think that scraping phone numbers from craigslist and automatically calling like you guys are doing is unethical and against the terms of service of craigslist.

I think you guys should consider the negative feedback you are getting online. “

Jason Smith wrote on July 3rd, 2013 1:33 pm :

I recently posted to Cars.com and got the same spam voice-mail. What I did before listing was to create a Google Voice account and use that phone number instead of my own phone number. I can just block this number in Google Voice (or mark it as spam) and it’ll never ring my phone.

Patrick wrote on July 5th, 2013 3:07 pm :

I suggest filing a complaint with the FCC and BBB.

Jonathan wrote on July 5th, 2013 6:47 pm :

I got this message too, and I’m glad I found your blog post. I reported them to the FCC and am calling them to make sure they don’t call me again.

Mike wrote on July 5th, 2013 6:54 pm :

Receiving calls from “Eric” now too. Posted an ad on craigslist on 6/30 and the daily “Unknown” calls started showing up on 7/1. The vehicle sold and ad was deleted, but daily calls continue.

Thanks for posting about this! Thank you to Tyler for posting the link to FCC. Complaint filed. I encourage everyone dealing with this harassment to file a complaint with the FCC too!

Brandi wrote on July 8th, 2013 11:47 pm :

it just shows that looking up reviews for places is important nowadays. it is so sad how people do this. So i will pass it on to ignore these people and file a complaint. so ridiculous.

Vince wrote on July 10th, 2013 3:59 am :

I just started getting these calls from Eric. Same thing happens to me when I try to answer, it just hangs up. I went to this Once Driven website, their contact number is 855-844-2647 while in the voicemail they tell me to call 2646. I haven tried calling either yet but I will tomorrow and get back on this.

Matt, south florida wrote on July 11th, 2013 2:45 pm :

Glad I hit review for this company. I’m selling a boat on ebay and craigslist unsuccessfully for 90 days. I ignored the first phone call and after the second, consider outsourcing to someone else despite the fee. Sure glad I researched the company first. What a pain that would have been. I’m reporting them as I’m on the do not call list and will also call them directly to have me removed. Can’t trust ANYONE these days. Thanks for saving my wallet and my aggravation

Bill wrote on July 11th, 2013 6:21 pm :

I too have got the exact same “Eric” call with all the Uh’s in the right places.
I posted on Kijiji in Alberta Canada … I too get the unknown #’s calling with no response.
Very annoying ….. who do I call to report?

Mike wrote on July 15th, 2013 4:45 pm :

Update. The daily calls are still coming in. The message has changed. The “follow-up” automated message says the following:

Hi this is Eric from Once Drive. Ah-I left you a message about a week ago and I noticed your vehicle is still for sale. We can still help you out. Uh give me a ring when you can. Um the number here is 855-844-2646. Uh that is toll free. Have a great day.

I’m filing daily complaints with the Do Not Call Registry, as well as filing complaints with FCC. I deleted my Craigslist ad over a week ago, so ah Once Driven, um you really ah didn’t “notice my vehicle is still for sale.” As far as I’m concerned Once Driven is stealing my cellular minutes.

The more people who take the time to file complaints against these jerks, the better! For those potential customers researching Once Driven … do you really want to do business with people who pull numbers from Craigslist ads when they were expressly denied authorization?

Heather wrote on July 16th, 2013 12:25 am :

I posted my vehicle on Craigslist and received a robo-call from Eric as well. Are they really scammers or can/do they actually sell your car. I ask by I could care less how many times they call my phone if they help me sell my car for $189. Just curious if the website actually works or if I’m being gullible?

Steven wrote on July 16th, 2013 4:13 pm :

Just as a follow up, I briefly thought about ignoring the fact that I was annoyed and giving them a call but decided to do a BBB search on them first…Not well received AT ALL so there’s no way I’d do business with them. http://www.bbb.org/roanoke/business-reviews/auto-listing-service/longwood-industries-inc-in-bedford-va-9004961/

Joe wrote on July 18th, 2013 6:28 pm :

The parent company is Longwood Industries, Inc

If you look under “additional web addresses” on the link above, you’ll see oncedriven.com listed. There is link to the physical address, as well as a real phone number. I suggest we give them a dose of their own medicine and maybe a few deliveries of dog crap in a box.

Joe wrote on July 18th, 2013 6:30 pm :

Sorry for re-posting the link, didn’t see Steven’s post above mine.

Joe wrote on July 18th, 2013 6:34 pm :

BTW, nice try “Heather”. Why does your name link directly to oncedriven.com?
Also, everyone except “Heather”, when I went to oncedriven.com to try to find a real phone number, “Heather” popped up and tried to chat with me.

Coincidence?

Eldon wrote on July 18th, 2013 9:25 pm :

I just spoke with Katie on the phone and she said the company will advertise your car and the buyers will call me directly and pay me directly but in order to do that i have to pay them $180 fee. she said that if the person that buys my car did not find me through their service then they would refund me the fee. she emailed me the below pre written email signature.

Thanks for giving me a few minutes of your time today.

As requested, I’ve sent you some additional information regarding OnceDriven.com.
I am confident we can help you get this vehicle sold AND we are willing to back
that confidence with a 45-Day Money-Back Guarantee.

If you would like to see our guarantee in writing, please visit this page:

A detailed list of what our service provides can be found here:

When you are ready to give us a shot at selling this, give me a call.

Sincerely,
Katie
Vehicle Marketing Specialist
1-855-844-2647, Option 3, Ext 114
ksmith@oncedriven.com

if you need to contact someone try the phone number or email above

SpammerDean wrote on July 20th, 2013 1:57 am :

Okay, my ad does not have a phone # liste don it. So how did they get my number? Is Craigslist giving out our contact info now??

Mike wrote on July 26th, 2013 9:13 pm :

Update. The calls still continue after 26 days and counting. Here is the latest robo message.

Hi my name is Eric and I work for Once Driven. The number here is 855-844-2646. Um-I’m calling about your vehicle. If it is still for sale. We still are showing some demand for it. Ahh it’s going to cost you around $200 bucks for us to get it sold for you. Um this is the last time I’ll call. Ah Good luck. Again the number here is 855-844-2646. (with added sound effect of hanging up the receiver messy)

DO NOT do business with these scammers. Read all the complaints shown in Steven’s BBB link above. The only thing they sell is a load of BS.

sasha wrote on July 28th, 2013 9:37 pm :

i got the same message as u mike, he sounded hostel when he said this is the last time i’ll call

Mattgot th wrote on July 31st, 2013 3:10 pm :

I got hang-up calls from this company for weeks in the middle of the night, they finally left a voicemail this time and I called the number, they denied calling in the middle of the night after I got the voicemail at 4am. They said they took me off the calling list but I don’t know. Their number came up blocked on my phone, but if it’s coming up with a number on anyone else’s phones, you can block individual numbers from calling you.

Wendy wrote on August 1st, 2013 9:30 pm :

I have gotten this message two times calling about my vehicle for sale. I dont have a vehicle for sale. I have a porta potty for sale.

Eric wrote on August 2nd, 2013 9:47 pm :

I got a call too.

+12144141036 Add – Dallas, TX
8/2/13 2:28 PM 18 minutes ago

Hi, My name is Eric and I work for one to driven the number here is (855) 844-2646. I’m calling about your vehicle. If it is still for sale, we still are showing some demand for it. It’s gonna cost you around 200 bucks. Forced to get it sold for you. This is the last time. I’ll call. Good Luck. Again the number here is (855) 844-2646.

Mark wrote on August 9th, 2013 9:54 pm :

I live in British Columbia, Canada and got the same call an hour ago from a Kevin at Once Driven telling me he can sell my SUV for a small fee but I have to call back today by 5 pm..why do these companies try and get a real job! …wouldn’t be great if we all called the toll free line at the same time and just jammed the crap out of it!….

Bill Thompson wrote on August 15th, 2013 1:50 pm :

What this company oncedriven.com is doing is ILLEGAL in 2 ways. First of all it is a federal violation to SPOOF your caller ID (use a fake number) which they are doing. Theri calls show up as (999)999-9999. Secondly it is ILLEGAL to use a Pre-Recorded message for solicitation purposes and also illegal for use on cell phones unless it is a previsou customer. Most of us are using cell phones in craigslist ads, either way both counts are FEDERAL OFFENSES. Report these idiots. A call to customer service goes to an annoying woman who claimns to not know what I am talking about. She must be getting calls about this ALL day. When they kick the doors in there, she won’t be able to claim to ‘not know’ how they do their marketing!

rob wrote on August 21st, 2013 6:33 pm :

kevin called. 3rd time.same last call threat lol. talked to jen @ xten 154….didnt think twice to take kevins sale/wouldnt tell me more specifics about these 3 interested ppl….trustworthy? :s… spam alone says no.
my brothers cell for sale came up when she searched my car / name in their system only my cell number is in his add diff email… whyd all things with my number link?

salraf wrote on August 21st, 2013 9:57 pm :

man..glad I stumbled across this. I have post my car for sale on autotrader for a few weeks and “Eric” has called 3 times. THe second time he said it would be the last time he would call. It is the same message to move for car for about $200. I was thinking of finding more info but not after visiting here. Great compilation

Robert Cygan wrote on August 22nd, 2013 2:17 pm :

I just received a robo call from Once Driven, I am selling my car and the call peaked my interest. I did call the number that was left and spoke to what seemed like a pleasent youn lady. After I listened to her canned speech, I said Thank you for your time, but at this time I am not interested. To which I heard her say “asshole, he just hung up on me.” To which I responded no I have not hung up I just I am not interested. Not a good way to run a business. I would not use them now.

Lynda wrote on August 24th, 2013 7:40 pm :

My Bot is named Kevin…..

Say wrote on August 29th, 2013 4:17 pm :

Hi. This is Kevin from once driven I left you a message a few days ago and I noticed your vehicle is still for sale. We can still help you out. Gimme a ring when you can. The number here is (855) 844-2646. That is toll free. Have a great day.

Molly wrote on August 30th, 2013 2:09 am :

Look up ams vehicle sales. Same people.

OnceDrivenScammed wrote on September 3rd, 2013 1:19 am :

DO NOT USE – NOT ETHICAL!!! My elderly father was relentlessly contacted by them. He is has hearing issues so he uses speaker phone. I was present in the room when the rep guaranteed to sell a car he had on Craig’s list within 45 days or money back. My father asked if there were any conditions to the refund. Rep said nope very simple you pay us $189 and either we sell your car in 45 days or we refund it to your credit card. Needless to say car did not sell, can’t get them to respond to email or phone calls and their website says YOU must have sold your own car within 45 days to get a refund. If your car does not sell NO REFUNDS!!! Holy cow what liars!!! We feel ripped off so we are waring everyone!!!

Steven wrote on September 3rd, 2013 2:09 pm :

Thank You for the info. Just got a call.

Ed wrote on September 5th, 2013 1:32 am :

They also grab your number from Autotrader if you’re selling your car :(

ryan wrote on September 5th, 2013 1:37 pm :

Got the same message today, if the call continues ill just block it. To easy.

Treva wrote on September 7th, 2013 3:19 pm :

Tried to call the two numbers I have for Oncedriven…bad #’s. Recording said “all circuits are busy”. Can’t get on the website, either. I like the “dog crap in a box” delivery idea.

Suzy wrote on September 9th, 2013 6:01 pm :

I received three or four voicemails from these guys with the EXACT same script as most other commenters have posted. I’ve tried to answer when they call to tell them I’m not interested and I always just get disconnected. What a scam!

nathan wrote on September 11th, 2013 2:51 am :

i have been getting voicemails from “Kevin” now for about a month. i have answered the phone a dozen times or more and noone on the other end. last week this little shit called me and i actually spoke to him however the sneaky little worm as he is started by asking if i still had the truck for sale, how many miles, what condition, ext. so i thought this was a legit buyer wanting info until he say’s “this is kevin from once driven i have be..” thats when i interrupted him saying” yea i know who this is and you have been calling me for weeks now and i havnt called you back for a reason, reason being im not interested ext ext now go fuck off and don’t call me again. his response was “ok.” then this evening i get another voicemail from kevin stating that he could still help fee is about 200 and this would be the last time he called me. i thought by telling someone to fuck off would clue them into my intentions. we will see if he calls back again. what a pain in the ass

Nate wrote on September 13th, 2013 5:35 pm :

I’ve gotten the call a couple of times. I just called them back and told them to stop calling me. They said they’ve taken me off their list. We’ll see…

spamstinks wrote on September 17th, 2013 6:49 pm :

Started receiving multiple calls and text after posting an ad on AutoTrader.com. It appears that the telemarketers and scam artists are targeting online sellers by combing sites like Craigslist and AutoTrader for victims. List of the calls we received below…

(855) 844-2646, 2647 and 2648 (OnceDriven.com) | andrewapeterson.com
(469) 654-7633 (paulwaym101@hotmail.com)
(702) 567-8866 Cory @ One Stop Motors in Vegas
(714) 703-6474 Auto Insurance Placement Center | http://whocalled.us/lookup/7147036474

FWIW we removed the ad and are still receiving calls.

spamstinks wrote on September 17th, 2013 6:54 pm :

Thanks for turning us on to OnceDriven.com, Andrew. Keep up the good work!!

martiK wrote on September 18th, 2013 5:16 pm :

My bot was “Kevin”. Thing is I had sold my truck three weeks ago and there is no ad any longer but yet it keeps calling. I have called them back, talked to a real person and asked to have my phone number taken out of their system. Let’s see if that works.

Jake wrote on September 27th, 2013 12:54 am :

Yep soo glad I researched more. Kevin’s been calling for days now. Called the # back & only voicemail. Thanx guys!!!!

Sam C wrote on October 1st, 2013 9:36 pm :

I have put my motorcycle for sale on http://www.cycletrader.com and this craziness started immediately. In hopes to avoid some of it, I replaced my real number with my Google voice number on cycletrader and now I receive calls on both numbers every few days. It’s been about months since it started and I received on yesterday.

Steve wrote on October 12th, 2013 10:02 pm :

I just kept calling asking for Larry, and Kattie.. Let them pitch their stuff, than drag them on.. Then when they answer the 3rd time, I started talking to them dirty ..Larry got upset that I was interrupting his work.. I told him since he has my number, he better stop calling me, or I’m going to spend days with other friends calling his ass all day.. He said he’s taking my number off.. Hope they call again this next week.. Loving Kattie ext114.. She sounds so hot! lol

RoyL wrote on October 17th, 2013 7:13 pm :

I have received several calls from OnceDriven. After a quick Internet search I determined them to be scumbag spammers and filed a Complaint with the FCC. I urge you to do the same. Here’s the link for the FCC Complaint Form: http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

Marci wrote on October 21st, 2013 4:01 pm :

The big issue I see here is that people are getting annoying phone calls from “robots”. But has anyone actually been ripped off by these guys? I want to sell my motorcycle, and they seemed very willing to help me.

[REDACTED] wrote on November 8th, 2013 7:38 pm :

You know I got a call today, in regards to an ad placed yesterday. What they are doing is illegal. The TCPA (I am a paralegal) allows you to sue somebody for $500.00 per call, if its unsolicited to a cellular phone without prior written permission. I have already drafted a small claims lawsuit against these jokers. My bot is named “Ted”. The real company is called Longwood Industries in Virginia. You need to email rfisher@longwoodinc.com. You will serve your small claims lawsuit on this person:

HOWARD LAMBKA
LONGWOOD INDUSTRIES 1617 LONGWOOD AVE EXTENSI
PO BOX 1025
BEDFORD VA 24523

Please take these basatards to court, I am. I gave them until Monday to settle with me. The only way these SOB’s will learn is if you hit them in their wallet. Trust me the DNC list and filing an FCC complaint will do nothing. You need to sue, sue sue….I do it to all the BS Craigslist marketers, and you can even sue the TEXT/SMS spammers.

Ron wrote on November 12th, 2013 6:08 pm :

Mine is “Ted”, 1st call from these folks. Was suspicious so looked them up on web. Thank you all for your posts. Knowledge is power.

Jennifer wrote on November 20th, 2013 3:07 pm :

Hooray, I’ve gotten the call too! My bot is a Ted, and he followed the script perfectly. I’m so glad I googled this… I felt it was off from the start.

Dennis wrote on November 20th, 2013 7:41 pm :

I got the same call today but I do in fact have a car listed on the Columbus , OH CL list.. Being a complete idiot, I listed my phone number and stupidly thought checking the box for not allows third party people to contact me would stop any of that.. ;( My voice mail said it was from “Ted”.. So.. how many call’s am I going to get from these people now? My number is listed on the do-not-call list.. I’ll report them in case that helps.

andrewapeterson wrote on November 28th, 2013 6:28 am :

At least ripped off in quality of life!

spamstinks wrote on November 28th, 2013 1:05 pm :

Update…
We ended up purchasing a new Panasonic phone with Call Block up to 250 numbers.
This feature allows the unit to reject calls from numbers that you have stored on your call block list and numbers that don’t show up on the caller ID (unavailable & private). This is a great way for us not to have to deal with telemarketers all day.

teachthem wrote on November 29th, 2013 3:58 pm :

If you want them to stop….scam them. Give them bad info…phony credit card #s…promise checks for payment…whatever it takes…piss them off,, they will leave yo alone

kris wrote on December 3rd, 2013 1:42 am :

Hey, i have a car for sale on Craigs list since saturday and got call from “Ted” first thing monday. I was Actually considering using them. I called & spoke with Debbie. I told her i wanted to think about it and she said, “why do you need to think about it?” That kinda Bugged me! And Now after All i’ve read about them, Forget It! Thanks Everybody!

kris wrote on December 3rd, 2013 1:47 am :

When “Ted” called me, I was going to use them, to help sell my car! But Now after All i’ve read about them, Forget It! Thanks Everybody!

Tyler wrote on December 4th, 2013 2:51 pm :

When they called me AFTER I sold my truck I got tired of it. So they called me once more and I answered the phone and waited a min. Someone finally answered and I whispered. It’s all done but there’s blood everywhere. And they never called me back.

Scotty Brown wrote on December 13th, 2013 5:51 pm :

I just contacted them ..maybe they can offer a service that I can’t although they want their money up front ..NOT going to happen …my advice ..if your going to troll at least offer me a service I can’t refuse .the marketing strategies are sketchy but I’m sure it works 10% of the time ..my advice ..sell my car and I’ll gladly pay you in the end not the beggining ..I asked to b taken off the call list .lets see if it actually works

Roberta wrote on December 27th, 2013 8:27 pm :

Yep Ted just called me with the same come-on. You’d think they would at least change the script a bit. I always check people and companies out. Maybe these folks are from Nigeria or some other African country with a large amount of money in the bank. Yes Virginia, there are still gullible people out and P.T. Barnum was right, “There a sucker born every minute.”

John wrote on January 7th, 2014 3:48 am :

Fuck oncedriven.com

Nic wrote on January 8th, 2014 8:17 pm :

These people are awful! I posted an add on auto trader months ago and they have been harassing me ever since. I would like them to stop immediately but everytime I call back, I am put on a lengthy hold. I am goimg to see if I can find their Yelp page so I can write a review.

Nic wrote on January 8th, 2014 8:25 pm :

If this company is bothering you, as much as they are me, bombard them with emails, copy the following: info@oncedriven.com, sell@oncedriven.com, buy@oncedriven.com, accounts@oncedriven.com.

Nic wrote on January 8th, 2014 8:42 pm :

Go to this page to complain to these scammers:

Kyle wrote on January 8th, 2014 8:59 pm :

I got Ted today. They called 14hours after I had removed the posting for my car. Trolling Craigslist for phone numbers is low, and annoying.

Nic wrote on January 8th, 2014 9:45 pm :

sorry, one more email address to copy: jhylton@oncedriven.com

Kyle wrote on January 13th, 2014 7:45 pm :

Ted called me again! He noticed my car was still for sale even though it was sold BEFORE their first call 5 days ago.
Report them here: http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

bounce4901 wrote on January 15th, 2014 12:45 am :

Complete SCAM, telephone HARRASMENT!!! They will provide you with a fake PO BOX address to save them the time and trouble of a lawsuit. You will never find an address or any real contact information from them or on their website…They pull phone numbers from ad listings in violation of websites TOU’s and state and federal laws…Only thing you can do if you are serious is file a police report at the local level claiming telephone harrasment in order for the Police to subopena phone records and get a hard address to serve legal notices at…complaining to them, the FCC, state AOG office is a waste of time as they will be gone and up and running under a new name before enough complaints are filed for any of the alphabet agencies to act. FILE A POLICE REPORT ALLEGING THREATS AND HARRASSMENT!

Jimbo wrote on January 16th, 2014 12:31 am :

I have no ads up and didn’t have a phone number listed when I did, yet I get the calls. I think someone has hacked craigslist for their phone numbers. I suggest everyone reading this call their attorney general’s office to complain about this company!

Allen wrote on January 21st, 2014 2:24 pm :

Isn’t this a form of harrasment as well as spam when your ad says you don’t want other people calling offering other commercial services? It is funny Kyle Ted just called me.

WiKiMaN!! wrote on March 17th, 2014 9:10 pm :

Guys.. Check This Lame Ass Shit Out, yo!
A person may still receive calls from not-for-profit organizations.

Read The “KNOWN EXCEPTIONS” Portion.

Betsy wrote on April 14th, 2014 5:11 pm :

Same script, diff name and phone – Aaron, 888-941-6515.

Jim wrote on April 18th, 2014 11:00 pm :

They are still doing it, my ad on CL has been down for 2 weeks and today they called and said, “i see its been on there for quite a while”
what a sleazy slimey shady deceptive company some one should report them

IL wrote on April 30th, 2014 11:52 pm :

I got a voicemail from “Mike” today with the same message as the original post. Started researching and got to this website. Went to the link in the original post and entered my phone number on oncedriven.com website for them not to call me. Also went to the FTC website’s Do Not Call registry (google it, it is a government service to consumers) and registered my both cell numbers there. Saved and recorded all of the information and should oncedriven call again I will submit an FTC spam complaint with my sworn affidavit. You all should do the same and hopefully that scammer/spammer oncedriven joint and their parent company will close its doors or get sued into oblivion by the government. Cheers!

Bob wrote on May 1st, 2014 11:03 pm :

They harvest the phone numbers from Craigslist ads and bombard you with robo-calls from a blocked number. The voice mail sounds “live”, but are in fact recorded as I got two exactly the same messages a week apart. My phone number is in a National Do-Not-Call list.

Someone needs to point out to them that THEY ARE IN GROSS VIOLATION OF FCC TCPA regarding unwanted telemarketing calls.

FILE A COMPLAINT. We should have enough people do that to put them out of business.

Angelika wrote on May 2nd, 2014 12:50 am :

I received the calls as well. I’m so trusting I though it was a real person. by the fourth call it was aggressive and intimidating. I too clicked on no solicitation by marketers. then it paused for a week and started again with,”look were just trying to help you sell your car! it will cost you $200.00″. They almost had me if not for that last call that was spoken in a threatening tone. i appreciate all of your posts. Learn something new everyday. I’ll sell my own car thank you.

Jim wrote on May 5th, 2014 11:11 pm :

http://www.fcc.gov/complaints for the forms

.UtkleK9Dcd8.twitter wrote on May 13th, 2014 2:12 pm :

.UtkleK9Dcd8.twitter

Craigslist Ad Voicemail Spam Robots-OnceDriven.com | andrewapeterson.com

scott wrote on May 13th, 2014 8:49 pm :

i keep getting calls from once driven too people like this needs an *** kicking

Kendall wrote on May 23rd, 2014 7:13 pm :

I got the damn voicemails for MONTHS after I SOLD my car – they are F$%^& annoying and they are TOTAL SPAM and TOTALLY again craigslist! I specifically said DON’T Contact me – and yet here they are still calling me MONTHS after I sold the damn car – AFTER the ad has been deleted off the web site – what is the point – the ass holes. Their company is full of shit – I wish they’d go to hell and I hope your web site helps them lose business!

Matt wrote on June 11th, 2014 11:30 pm :

I received a voicemail for my craigslist.org listing from oncedriven.com, even though I had “it is NOT okay to contact me” on the listing. I ignored their voicemail that offered their service, and got another after about a week. Ignored that one. About a week later (I had already deleted the post the previous week) got another. I’m mildly irritated, so I call back at 1-888-941-6515. I get a random agent, and ask for her name and extension before we begin (Angela, ext. 123). I complained about them not honoring the craigslist policy. She says they will put me on their “do not call list”. I said that’s not sufficient, I want to talk to a supervisor. She puts me on hold, and another agent picks up after a couple of minutes. The new agent starts the whole process over again, and again I ask to speak to a supervisor. She hangs up on me after telling me I won’t be receiving any more calls. I call back again (Robert, ext. 146) and ask to speak to a supervisor. Robert asks if he can help me instead. I say no, the last agent asked the same thing and I got hung up on. Robert promises he won’t hang up on me. I insist on speaking to a supervisor, and Robert says he will put me on hold. Guess what? He hangs up on me.

Am filing a BBB complaint because my tolerance for this is very low. Especially when the company already has a poor reputation (http://www.bbb.org/western-virginia/Business-Reviews/auto-listing-service/longwood-industries-inc-in-bedford-va-9004961/complaints)

Greeneyz wrote on June 27th, 2014 6:00 am :

I used their service and had great luck Everyone was very polite and my car sold in a week. The bot calls were a little annoying, but after I called them back and actually listened to what they had to say I took a chance and it worked out well.

Greeneyz wrote on June 27th, 2014 6:03 am :

The robot calls were annoying, but I did call the number to see what they were offering. I took a chance and it worked beautifully. My car sold in less than 2 weeks and everyone was very polite. I would use the service again.

andrewapeterson wrote on June 30th, 2014 5:26 am :

Greeneyz,
It does appear quite possible to me that you may be an employee of theirs.

From another site, cargurus.com, similarly collecting tons of complaints, you posted the following two comments, in defense of oncedriven:

Greeneyz answered 2 days ago
I used them and they sold my vehicle within a week. They fully explained that I would only get a refund if I managed to sell it before they did in the first 45 days. If it didn’t sell, they would continue to market it for me until it did sell, and sell for a price that I was happy with. I had great customer service and everyone was very polite. My car was listed on their website AND on Facebook and Twitter. I didn’t check to see if it was on Pinterest and Flicker. I would definitely use them again. Plus I didn’t have to take all of those initial calls from people wanting to use PayPal.

Greeneyz answered 2 days ago
And another thing. I don’t see where the confusion is on the refund. The lady explained it well, she read it to me verbatim at the end of the sale, and I received the same information in my email confirmation. Maybe some of these other people need to start listening and READING what is presented to them as well. It was all pretty clear cut if you just read what they gave you. It matched exactly to what I was told on the phone. For the refund all they need is the VIN number and the buyers last name. That is to make sure that the car actually sold to someone that did not get referred by their service.

I find it strange that an ordinary customer of a car selling service would be searching the web for negative reviews and trying to save the company’s reputation. Why would you do this?

Feel free to respond. In the meantime, I approved your comments so that others may find you in this context more easily.

Jimbo wrote on June 30th, 2014 6:53 am :

I don’t reward illegal and reprehensible behavior by throwing money at it. I say F off and drop dead. I reported your ass to the ATG of my state and they are looking at charging oncedriven with a major fine for fraud, harassment, and breach of the peace.

spamstinks wrote on June 30th, 2014 7:23 pm :

Growing Number Of Cyber Shills Invade Online Reviews (Greeneyz).

This is NOT a reputable company…see below.

http://www.bbb.org/roanoke/business-reviews/auto-listing- service/longwood-industries-inc-in-bedford-va-9004961/

spamstinks wrote on June 30th, 2014 7:27 pm :

Here’s another link you can check…

J Schwartz wrote on July 31st, 2014 12:10 am :

I can’t tell you how to get them to stop but if you fell for it this is how to get your money back. This is what I did. Later in the day after they called I and I signed up, another scam came through my mailbox. My husband caught it and then I looked up once driven, and my stomach sank. Since I paid with my debit card I talked to my bank and they said I could file a fraud claim once the transaction was published. So I waited a day and my husband said why don’t you call them up first and see if they will give you a refund. I didn’t think they would, but the next morning I received 26 emails from them saying they were leads. I emailed all 26 people saying I think I was scammed and asking if they were real people. Two were bounced, 1 looked like a bot, and one person was real, but said she was not looking for a car. With evidence in hand I called customer service and said “I’d like a refund” they asked why “because you are a scam” they blubbered a bit saying if this is a scam then why would they answer the phone. I said look, you sent me 26 emails this morning 2 were fake 1 was a bot and a third person said she wasn’t even looking for a car. I’m going to file a fraud charge with my BANK or you can refund my money. They said they would have a manager call me back. I said they had 1 hour before I’d file the charge. It took a little longer than 1 hour, but my money was refunded. Apparently they are afraid of banks. If fell for this and your situation was not too far in the past, see if you can file a fraud charge with the bank or credit card company. Good Luck!

Martin wrote on August 8th, 2014 4:32 pm :

I listed my car on Craigslist and have received multiple calls from once driven.. I suppose they got wise to using the name Michael, my representative was Aaron. Same spiel though, “we have clients looking for a vehicle like yours… There is a small fee for us to sell your vehicle… Please contact us today”, etc. And their new number (or perhaps one of the numbers) is: 888-941-6515. I probably wouldn’t have a problem with paying the fee of $200 for them to sell my ride, but I would only pay after the sale, after I had my money in hand, and definitely not by credit card! Don’t be fooled!